Monday 21 November 2011

Observations on the trip

The other day I was at work and we were doing a drill at the Training tower in our department.  Afterwards we were doing the typical stand in a circle and talk about what happened.  I was standing next to one of our younger members and mentioned a fatality fire that occured in Massachusets sometime in the early 2000's.  His offhand comment to me was "I was in the 8th grade then" caught me up...  I was probably between 48 and 50 years old.  Here was a young man who didn't have a clue what I was talking about because he was only 12 or 13 years old at the time.  Talk about your reality checks!

This is what it looks like out the window as life speeds by... you don't feel that you have changed that much.  Maybe you are a bit wiser and certainly have more experience but for the most part you are the same person year in and year out.  Then a sign post pops into view that says "Senior menu available to those over 55".  Wow.  Someone else gets to define me as a 'senior'. 

Now I am going on aid calls to people my age and younger who are experiencing serious medical issues.  I found out a friend of mine 2 years younger had a stent implanted in his heart to open a blocked artery!  WOUCH!!

It is interesting to look out the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment