Tuesday 13 March 2012

Oh yeah...

Oh yeah...

     - if you don't post stuff on your blog people will stop reading it.
     - life is short, enjoy it.  Went to a memorial service last week for a friend from college years. She found out she had colon cancer that had spread to lungs and liver.  She died 20 days later.  Could I go to the Dr. for what I thought was a small problem and be dead inside a month?  Why not?  Life is short, enjoy it.
     - As I am writing this at my computer the computer table is strewn with toys...my grandsons and their mother are visiting.  This is what it was like living with children.
     - in our town this past weekend a child, 7 years of age, was shot by her 5 year old sibling.  They were in the family van while Dad and Mom were just outside the vehicle talking to a friend.  The kids were rummaging through the vehicle and found a loaded handgun in the glove compartment.  Now I work for a fire department though not the one in our town... Is there anything in your training that teaches you how to deal with taking care of a gunshot wound (GSW - how I hate those three letters in that combination) to a 7 year old?  To their credit they got the child to the nearest hospital who then transfered her to the Level 1 trauma center.  As has been my sad experience when children are wounded by guns the child died the next day.  So... is it worth having a gun for protection?  Pretty steep cost.
     - On Sunday our Battalion did a drill, one station at a time, where much of the hose/equipment was taken off the engine.  I was Acting BC and so I was evaluating each station.  Six times on Sunday I helped re-load the engine.  I was whupped by the end of the day... oh yeah... I remember... I ain't 35 anymore!
     - I started this blog in the hopes that it would help me to write more...here's hoping you are still a reader!

No comments:

Post a Comment