Monday 13 June 2011

Hello?

Hello world.  Since this is my first posting I want to greet you... hey!   Now that's out of the way I guess I have to admit right off that I am not super sure where this is going to go or even where I want it to go.  My sense is that there is no way to know and that is the most interesting part of this journey.  I am joining the blogosphere because other members of my family have led the way and I have enjoyed the whole process of reading their writing and thinking.  So welcome and enjoy the journey.  It should be an interesting experience.

This weekend we have been in Canada visiting family.  My DIL graduated from nursing school and we were there to celebrate the event.  An interesting spot was early in the ceremony where a 'moment of silence' was held for those who wanted to thank (either spiritually or temporally) whoever or whatever.  It was a kind of "To Whom it May Concern" prayer time.  It reminded me of a BC comic strip where Curly was told by BC that he was having some trouble praying.  Curly said "Let me hear you pray".  So BC starts off "Dear Gosh" and Curly says, "I think I've spotted your problem".

Otherwise it was a grad as grads have been down through the ages... speeches, good speeches, weird speeches and the same old speech of '... the world is now yours, blah blah blah.'  Still, it was the culmination of lots of work and we were proud of her just as it should be.

So there you go... pedantic, pedestrian, and plain.  I am hoping for more.

1 comment:

  1. "Dear Gosh" -- LOLOL

    I'm so glad you've joined the ranks! Now if only we could talk a few more people into it. Perhaps . . . Art Garden? Fish Garden? Beagle Garden? Beard Garden? Garden Garden?

    ReplyDelete