Thursday 19 January 2012

Oh the Weather outside is...

Living in Western Washington as I do, if I want to get into the snow all I have to do is drive up into the Cascade Mountains.  Usually, that is... because every once in a while we get slammed with it.  This is a view up our driveway. Now, I grew up in Minnesota and this amount of snow was just what the first part of winter had to offer.  Many, many times I had to shovel the driveway (and it was nowhere near this long!) only to go and do it again the next snowstorm.  The problem in W. Washington is the snow removal plan.  There is such a scarcity of snowplows (because, really, who wants to tie up all kinds of dollars in vehicles that are used so rarely?) that they can only keep the main roads clear.  Everyone else... is on their own.

So, with this post there are two things I am proud of:  the first is the beauty of this picture and the second is that this is the first picture I have figured out how to get into the blog!

Hoping for warm weather since that is truly our snow removal device on these back roads...

'til next time.

1 comment: