Tuesday 24 January 2012

A Whole Lotta Miles

On my way to work on Saturday morning the 1996 Chevy Silverado that we have owned since 1999, bought used with 78K miles turned over the magic mark:

          2           0          0          0          0          0    miles!
     only 2       20      200      2,000   20,000  200K

This means the little dial that measures 10th's of a mile has gone around a staggering 2,000,000 times!  Of course, if you tried to calculate the number of times the pistons have gone up and down while powering the vehicle....  I don't even know how to begin trying to figure that out!  Nor could I calculate the number of times the tires have rolled.

What I do know is that this means my truck is O L D!!!  In fact, both of my front line vehicles now have over 200K miles on them.  Do you suppose this means it is time to start looking into getting something with a little less time on the dial?   You bet!  My only obstacle is money.  I don't really want to get into a vehicle payment again but the choices may be so limited now that it could literally come upon us tomorrow!

I will keep you posted on what transpires!  Until then - squeezing every mile I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment