Monday 27 January 2014

The 2014 Grammys - like being in church!

Hey, I usually don't bother watching the Grammy's.  It is a whole lot of self congratulation, self-promotion and 'buy my incredible record'.  However, last night I was at work and working on stuff on the computer so decided it wouldn't hurt to tune in and see 'what's happening'.  Let me tell you... it was like being in church!

Here were the messages:

All love is the same
Do whatever is your thing (with the same line of 'as long as it doesn't hurt anyone). Someone will not like what you're doing no matter what it is so go ahead - it doesn't matter anyway.
Lots of songs about 'love' (a euphemism for 'sex')
More and more about getting all you can in this life because that is all there is.

I think it is interesting that people who would be offended if they went to church and heard messages about love, forgiveness, repentance and eternity flocked to this event.  They ate up the words, nodded their heads in agreement, clapped loud and long for each performer and their message and made sure to smile big for the camera.

So really, what message brings life, health and wholeness to your existence.  What you listen to and what you tell yourself about life makes a difference.

That's my 'two cents' and a little bit of message.  Kind of like being in church...

1 comment:

  1. Dad! Three posts in one month! This is great. And exactly the beauty of blogs. Instead of just knowing you are over "there" and living life, I get to see a glimpse INSIDE life and mind. Yesssss. Awesome. Please. Make it a goal to post once a week. I am loving it. And I love you. Daddy-O.

    ReplyDelete