Thursday 8 September 2011

A Quick Trip

Whew!  I took a quick trip back to the State of Minnesota (where I grew up) for the wedding of my niece.  Flew there on a Friday and back home on Tuesday.  Had a great time though, got to see my three grandsons again, saw three of my five children, saw my parents, saw my second sister and her husband and 2 of their 3 kids, saw some friends from growing up years, saw some fireworks from the Grandstand show at the Minnesota State Fair (not from the fairgrounds but from a house nearby), saw some food I had never seen or tasted before - we went to a Nepal/Tibetan restaurant (it was good!).  I saw way too much of the middle seat of two airliners... why is it that if you pay for a seat some (PC here) 'overlarge' person gets to take 15 - 25 % of your seat too?  I hate the "Tyranasaurus Rex" postition (where your arms are attached to your rib cage) just because somebody is too big for the seat they paid for and have to spill over into mine).  Oh well... it was a great time.  Looks like it might be next summer before I do it again... I hope.

1 comment:

  1. And what about seeing your lovely daughter-in-law??? Don't I get a shout out??

    ReplyDelete